Friday, October 31, 2008

Chinese Brush Painting - Second Lesson

Settled down into the second class. Paper hard to find here but one of the class members tracked down a good supply and kindly on-sold it to us. After some further demonstrations we were allowed to put brush to paper. This was very challenging. Clearly the quality and type of brushes is important. My brush did seem to work well and I was able to come to a very fine point. As I completed pages of repetitive strokes I drifted off into a very relaxing state. I don't really know if the work improved, but the enjoyment level rose. This discipline is said to reduce blood pressure. One of the class member had "The Chinese Brush Painting Bible" by Dwight which looked interesting. I look forward to my next class and will practice on butchers paper over the weekend.

No comments: