Friday, November 14, 2008

Swimming Squad

Last week at the Titty to Surf I had a long chat to Jill Ando who inspired me to get back to swimming. So after work on Monday I headed off to Uniswim to check out the adult swimfit squad. With trepidation I joined in. The coach was terrific and understanding of the fact that it had been a while since I had followed the long black line. I lagged somewhat behind the regulars, but managed to swim 2.2k. Afterwards I went home, ate and then collapsed into bed for the best nights sleep. On Thursday morning I went along again and met up with Jill and Genni. The coach Chris used to coach the kids when they were at school. We swam laps in beautiful sunshine and thanks to daylight saving - in the gentle warmth before the sun was too high. I am hooked again.
Take a look at the session times and join in: http://www.aquatic.sseh.uwa.edu.au/?p=1964

No comments: