Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winny Stayed Over


Having a lovely week with Winny. She came up from Gracetown to stay for a couple of nights. Like old times - planning, cooking, moseying around. Today we went to IKEA and stocked up on some essentials for Gracetown. We bought small items that seem to have be overlooked - spatula, whisk, scissors et al.
Enjoying the great weather. Last weekend I got stuck into the orbital sander. This was a new experience for me. At first it seemed to have a mind of its own and wandered around the bench seat. I eventually got the hang of it with great success. The benches that used to belong to my grandfather have come up really well. I stripped off a lot of the old paint - including lead based red lead (I wore a mask). They are now an eclectic mix of old paint and natural wood. I was so enthusiastic about the sander that I moved on to the outdoor tables. I sanded down the tops of them and they also look fantastic. Over the last few days I have been sealing them. I also got stuck into the weeding, and repaired the reticulation. Today I ordered sheep manure for the garden. It is looking great.