Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dinner Vangellis - Greek, Italian, Dutch, French and me

I was ready to eat diner on my own when I was invited inside Radiocafe for an amazing meal. Some Italian regular customers of theirs had taken over the kitchen and cooked a feast. I took my stuffed squid inside and added it to the feast. I sat opposite an elderly Italian gentleman who was an antique dealer from Milan and looked after his mother to the age of 104. When she died he came on a holiday to Kastellorizo and decided to build a house here. There was another Italian couple from north of Milan who have been visiting the island for many years and have a beautiful house at the Horafi.

There was a Dutch couple - regular visitors and 3 french women. An interesting night.

Μαγείρευα βραδυνό μόνη μου που ο Βανγέλις μου προσκάλεσε να φάω μαζί του. Οι φίλοι του άπο την Ιταλία μαγείρευαν στην κουζίνα του Βανγέλι γερό τσιμπούα. Πήρα το καλαμάρι γεμιστό μέσα για το βραδυνό. Κάθησα απένααντα ενα γηραλέο Ιταλό που είχαν ενα παλαιοπωλέιο στο Μιλάνο. Αυτός φρόντισε την μήτερα του ώς τις αυτή είχε εκατον τέσσαρεις χρώοων. Όταν πέθαινε έφτασε στο Καστελόριζο για διακοπές και αποφασίσε να φτιάξει ενα σπίτι εδώ. Και ήταν άλλος ζεύγος άπο το Μιλάνο που επισκέπτομαι τακτικά και έχουν ενα ωραίο σπίτι στο Χοράφι.

No comments: