Monday, May 24, 2010

Turkish couches

I am very excited about the new Turkish couches. It has been an interesting process acquiring them. I first noticed them in the weekend markets in Monasteraki in Athens. I was not entirely sure that I would be able to locate the exact shop again. when I went through Athens on my way to Kastellorizo on this trip I arranged to be in Athens in the weekend so I could look for them. Luckily I did find them. I then needed to negotiate to purchase the couches, increase the size to 2m to accomodated Dan, and get them transported to Kastellorizo - and all in Greek! I rang Michele who translated all the difficult things on the phone.

Two weeks later the couches arrived on Kastellorizo and I held my breath hoping that all was well. They are superb. I bought some Kilim style cushion covers in Turkey last week for them and they look amazing. What a relief.

Έιμαι έξαψη για τις δύο καινούριες κάναπες τουρκικές. Πρότα τις είδα στα άγορα του σαβατοκυριακού στο Μονεστεράκι στήν Αθήνα. Δεν γνώρισα επακριβώς που ήταν. Όταν πήγα στήν Αθήνα πρίν το Καστελόριζο, κανόνισα να μείνω εκεί το σαβατοκυριακό πότε τα αγορά άνοχταν. Ευτυχός τις έυρηκα. Χρειάστηκα να μίλησα στον μαγαζάτορο στην Ελληνικά. Τελεφόνισα την Μιχελ που μίλισε για μένα.

Μετά δύο εβδομάδες οι κάναπές γύρισαν στο Καστελόριζο. Κράτησα την ανάσα μου και έπλισα τα πάντα ήταν καλά. Και ήταν. Αγόρασα μαξιλάρια απο την Τουρκία την περασμενι εβδομάδα και έίναι φανταστικά. Έβγαλα στεναγμό ανακούφισης.


No comments: