Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Kastellorizo

Arrived Kastellorizo yesterday. I walked around the harbour to my room and unpacked. I then went straight to the new house. It looks fantastic - but more about that on my next posting. Many things the same but somethings new. There is a new store which provides cotton bags rather than plastic - at last. Off to the bakery and some bougatsi - custard delight. Beautiful day, 30 degrees and I went for a swim at the harbour mouth.
By this time I was ready for a rest. Later in the evening I went for a long walk to the top of the mountain. Later off to Radiocafe for an ouzo, then Alessanras for diner. I sat next to the water with the lights of Turkey sparkling in the distance. I had Chickpea rissoles with a delicious greek salad. Unfortunately I was hounded my mosquitos during the night.

Έφτασα στο Καστελόριζο χτές. Περπάτισα γύρο από το λίμανι στο δώματιο μου και αδιέαξα την βαλίτσα μου. Πήγα αμέσως στο καινούριο σπίτι. Έιναι πολύ ωραίο. Είναι ενα καίνουριο κτάστιμα. Πήγα στο φούρνο για ψωμι και μπουγάτσια. Κάνει ζεστό περίπου 30, και κολύμπισα στο λιμάνι.
ξεκουράστηκα. Μετά πήγα στο Ραδιοκαφέ για ενα ούζο, και Αλεσσάντρας για βραδυνό. Κάθσια κότα το λιμάνι και είδα τα φοτιά του Τουρκίου μακριά Έφαγα ρεβιθογεφτέδες με πιο νοστιμή σαλάτα χοριάτικι. Δυστηχός ήταν πολλά κουνούπια.

No comments: